Video surveillance in of itself is a reactive technology used typically in a reactive methodology. Events occur and we chase the forensics buried in the video content by searching, rewinding, watching and rewatching. However, video is compelling evidentiary/visual information whether monitored live or pulled from archives and we rely on that evidence to make a multitude of decisions in an operation. Video is vital to the protection of our many assets, but we – as an industry - strive for new methodologies to identify the events of interest and protect the video forensics that are being over written daily.
There are numerous limitations in the current digital surveillance systems and technologies. One of the most significant limitations lies in the sheer mass of video that is produced and stored each day . Billions of hours of digital video are recorded across the US each week – and billions of hours are simultaneously over-written as the human is simply unable to seek and retain all video of interest. Ultimately, we find ourselves in a continuing battle of hard capital costs versus the real return on our surveillance investment – and we continue to lose critical video every day that contains valuable information.
DataDNA maintains a “Live” Interface with POS System Being Monitored | Live Stats are Presented by Location & Employee Facilitating Quick Operational Overview | All Information Updated In Real Time | Alerts Are Generated Based on Rules | Monitor Thousands of Devices | Real-Time Event Notification on any State Change | Event Correlation and Analysis through the “DataDNA”
• Critical Live Statistical Elements provide a quick view of key measurements that provide awareness to the current operations
• Live revenue details and critical audit stats are continuously available through a variety of interfaces.
• An Active View of Total checks, voids, discounts and Alerts available across all user interface screens depending on the locations being reviewed.
• “A Living Dashboard” – All Views within the product are active and live presenting instant awareness to current transactions, issues and rules based
• “Open Checks” provides quick navigation for reviewing active checks in an operation.
• Hierarchical navigation through the “Location Selector” control facilitates seamless movement between restaurant overviews and workstation specific events and video
• Live Alerts notifications for this location are always present and selectable for review.
• “Location Summary” Revenue and Key Metrics are updated in real time affording the user a constant awareness of the current conditions.
• Event Driven Video Synchronized with Check Events
• Ability to Select Any Event at any time in the life of a Check simplifying navigation through a check that may be open for a long period of time.
• Playback Walks “Live Cursor” through the Event History with Video providing visual alignment of events in review.
• Immediate Access to any other Live Alert in the current location simplifies review of key audit alerts.
• This Event Driven review process enables user to quickly navigate to the time of real interest across a multitude of events.
• Full Reporting of All Transactions by location, property, device, employee, etc.
• Pivot Table facilitates unlimited grouping and sorting
• The data set in review is determined by Location and Date from the view in which the report was selected.
• Every “Check” is selectable for full Video and Data Review
• Quick Summary of Check Details by Location, Employee, Amount, Duration or any other number of key elements.